m1 carbine

flatboy

Inactive
I have 2 guns im looking for info. I just got an m1 carbine i know its after wwII. Its a plainfield machine co. Does it hold some value. the only serial #`s on it are F325. the other gun i have my grandfather gave me many years ago is a 12ga. over and under made in czechoslovakia it has stamped under it 581-04 mod4 uh.brod 26220. This is the gun i really want to know about my grandfather dont remember much, all i know is he bought it for me when i was younger .

Plainfields are the best of the commercial carbines. Milsurp parts fit with no fuss. They run about $350ish depending on condition. Mine likes Speer 110 grain HP's with IMR4227.
Czechoslovakian firearms tend to be high quality. The make should be stamped on it. Then do a search for that.

Česká zbrojovka a.s. Uherský Brod = CZ

Lacking pics or a more detailed description and markings rundown, the shotgun sounds like it's a CZ shotgun, probably a model 581.

Does it have the CZ's Kersten locking bolt ? (A metal part pops/slides out of the action, to one side, when the opening lever is moved to open the barrels)

Does it look like this one ?

kozlice_581.jpg

Back