M1 carbine value

Pezo

Hello all. I have an m1 carbine. It's an inland division manufactured barrel/receiver with a rock-ola manufactured firing group/trigger assembly. The main stock is a after replacement ( by the re distributer, I'm guessing) and the hand gaurd is original. Dated 1945. What would be the resale value. Thank you.

I have almost the same set up, don't know how to tell who's trigger group it is. Mine has a 44 date and was reimported by Arlington arms. Love to know what mine is worth too.

Bingo on the Arlington arms. That name is stamped on the rifle. I acquired it in 89'. Edited to say that upon field stripping the gun. Rockola is stamped onto the fire housing. Only viewable after removing it from the stock. The patina finish of the rock ola parts are different than the inland parts. Almost older looking in a way?

Really need to know more about what parts are in it but you basically have one that went through the typical rebuild post war and was imported back into the US by Arlington. Ball park figure likely depends on what part of the country you are in but I'd say roughly $600 - $800. Are there any markings on the stock such as letters in the sling well, or crossed cannon stamp on the right side of the butt stock, etc? Some collectors deduct value based on the presence or size of import markings.

Average Carbine

Yours is, as most, a typical reimport that has been upgraded a zillion times. It shows most but not all improvements made to the carbine as it was issued and then rebuilt, then rebuilt again.

Difference in color is simply due to the strength of the parkerizing solution when dropped into the tank. Heck it wasn't even made in the same plant. That is part of the beauty of these little wonders, complete 100% interchangeability.

Don't try to use the blue book on this one as it is a re-import mixmaster. Go to the Inland column, find the percentage, then deduct 60%. Those columns only apply to as built, as issued, 1942 to 1945 carbines only.

Now that S&W 1917 is more interesting. Also a WWII rebuild as it is parkerized rather than blued. Nice grips though!

Inland M1 carbines are selling for between $600 - $1000 at gun shows depending upon condition. All M1s as of late, have appreciated. You can check the auction sites to get some idea.

An old friend recently sold an M1-Carbine he assemble from a MixMaster parts bin for $700; purebreds would bring much/much more; especially a premium Carbine, like a Winchester (he has one of those, too :p ) or a gennie Para-Trooper/folding stock version.

Many buyers will shy away if the Carbine is import marked and having Blue Sky on the barrel is particularly troublesome as some of their stamps actually pressed the barrel to an egg shape. Beyond collecting they are great little rifles to just have fun with, collector rifles can run into the $ thousands.

This one has always been a great shooter, stamp isn't that deep and hasn't hurt the function of the gun.
Every time I think of selling it I remember how much fun it is to shoot.

Now that S&W 1917 is more interesting. Also a WWII rebuild as it is parkerized rather than blued. Nice grips though!

Actually it's a Brazil Navy trade in with a baked on finish the grips are from Vintage Gun Grips that I painted brown and used a small brush to highlight the medallion part of the grip. I wonder if the rest of your post is so insightful.

Almost forgot, even tho the barrel has some minor pitting it is a very accurate shooter...the revolver not the carbine.

I gave a really nice and original M1A1 carbine to my good buddy's daughter on her 16th birthday, that is another way to have fun with a carbine. Keep yours, buy ammo and shoot it!

I may send mine to James River for a make over & new barrel.
Friend had his M! Garand done and it really looks good.

Back