M&P9 Shield EZ

Londy3

I have some interest in this gun but I would like to hear from someone that either owns it or shas shot it before. Feedback? Opinions? Reviews?

(I'm not looking at video reviews due to getting paid to do so. I want real users' honest feedback)
54c7cbb3b4ff2e253ac0e668103780d4.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I don't have that particular gun. I do have a S&W EZ in 380acp. I've had it for close to a year now and like everything about it. The gun fits my hand good and I like all controls. The size is easy for me to conceal in an otwb holster at around 4:00. The gun has functioned without a problem. I didn't really purchase this gun to carry, but it so easy to carry that I do sometimes. I've had a Beretta Pico in 380acp for several years which is a good pocket gun but a challenge to shoot because of its size. The S&W EZ is a joy to shoot. I think S&W hit a homerun with this line line of guns.

I don't have that particular gun. I do have a S&W EZ in 380acp. I've had it for close to a year now and like everything about it. The gun fits my hand good and I like all controls. The size is easy for me to conceal in an otwb holster at around 4:00. The gun has functioned without a problem. I didn't really purchase this gun to carry, but it so easy to carry that I do sometimes. I've had a Beretta Pico in 380acp for several years which is a good pocket gun but a challenge to shoot because of its size. The S&W EZ is a joy to shoot. I think S&W hit a homerun with this line line of guns.
Great, thanks so much for the reply.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

There are a lot of detailed reviews of the EZ on YouTube. Watch the top five or six (by view count) YouTube videos and you will get an incredible amount of factual information about the gun.

If you are only interested in opinions, my wife has a 380 model (with thumb safety) and I have a 9mm (without thumb safety), both of which we like a lot.

M&P Shield EZ

I had one, did not like the light weight-which of course is the pistol's main selling point, duh.
That said, I loved the feel of it and the relative ease of racking it, and the loading of clips with the little buttons on the side.
I did not keep it, but I don't carry, and my idea of a nice self defense pistol
is a 45 with at least 10 round capacity, so not the target market.:cool:

Kev8kRdh.jpg

I have the EZ9 and I'm very impressed with it. It performs exactly like they describe.

EZ all the way. At 70 I'm not as strong as I once was and can't rack the slide on many of my older guns so I sold them. I went looking for a small 9 mm that I could carry and the EZ was on sale.

I could rack the slide with no problems at all. I like the magazines which are easy to load. At the range, there is surpiseingly low recoil.

Mine has the external safety and it give me no problems. I like carrying cocked and locked although you don't need to have the safety engaged. The grip safety is not a problem It took me a few times to get comportable with the right grip.

Groups are better than I thought they would be for such a small gun.

I'm impressed with it and I don't think you can go wrong with one.

I've got both 9mm and 380. Well, my wife and I do. We both like them quite a bit. The 9mm is a PC version that I wanted for the night sights. It's got a ported barrel, but if it makes any difference I can't tell it. The grip I can get a full hand hold on. The slide is easy to rack (The 380 almost feels like a blowback BB gun I've got it's so "EZ" to rack.) The 9mm is a little harder but not near as difficult as say my CZ-75-D. The "ears" on the back of the slide are a big help in that regard. The "buttons" on the magazine are great. If I was in the business of making a gun I'd have to steal both of those ideas.

Last edited:
My wife bought one as her first pistol after trying out many poly frame pistols in that size category and it is the one she shoots the best. For her it is a great all around pistol that us small enough for carry and has very manageable recoil for its weight and size. She likes that the slide is easy to operate, the mgazine is easy to load, the sights, and the trigger is nice being a hammer fired design. It has also been reliable for the few range trips we have tried it. Fit and finish is nice too. She bought the Performance Center model and felt the extras were well worth the higher price.

It is a bit small for my hands and as such I can shoot it OK but not as well as other pistols I own that fit me better.

It EZ series is one of the top sellers for Smith and Wesson and reports that I read from actual owners are overwhelmingly positive. Some seem to have an issue with the grip safety but neither one of us have and I suspect that may be a training issue for those complaining about it.

I would not be surprised to see a 12/13 round "Plus" version of the 9MM EZ Shield too before too long.

EWAXz7B.jpg

Last edited:
Back