M&P Shield 45 4” Slide and Barrel

KansasTrapper77

Does anyone know of a parts supplier or if Smith and Wesson themselves sell the M&P Shield .45 4-inch barrel and slide. I have the standard 3.3” barrel and slide which I enjoy and carry but I kinda like the idea of having a 4in barrel and slide with red dot I can pop on and carry OWB. To my understanding it came out in 2019 but I can’t find parts for it.

Yes, I called customer service and was told they’re not allowed to sell barrel and slide assembly’s. I’ll keep an eye out but if they’re not available I’ll just move on. I was thinki In my head it’d be a nice way to have two different configurations for one gun. But it sounds like I’d end up having to buy a complete gun to get one. And at that point I can just by a full-size handgun however I want it configured.

I am sure you’ve done your homework, but will the 4” setup fit and function on your frame set up for the 3.3” rig?? That 0.7” doesn’t seem like a lot, but that’s just short of 3/4” longer than your original slide assembly/barrel length. It may not even seat on your frame rails.

Check Gunbroker, too. Sometimes someone will sell parts on there.

Back