M/D Enterprises Holsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanf

http://www.gunsandgold.com/holsters2.html

Does anyone have any experience with M/D Enterprises holsters? I'm considering their Standard Vertical Scabbard for my P220.

------------------
“The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals. ... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of.” -Alexander Addison, 1789

I have many of Marks holsters including 2 of the SVS, one for a Glock 23 and one for a Glock 30, both in bullneck leather. I also have a BS-2 that I use for my Glock 27, it is the highest ride belt slide around. I designed a holster that Mark makes, the YCS, not being a holster maker I decided what features I wanted and he decided how to build it. It is complicated but the best IWB holster on the market. The guy does top notch work.

Thanks Jeff.

Of the SVS and YCS, which one carries the gun higher? I would like to be able to carry in an SVS under, say, and untucked t-shirt or short jacket, and not have any gun or holster stick out below.

[This message has been edited by deanf (edited October 05, 1999).]

I got the RCS model some time ago (1-2 years)for my Hi-Power and was very pleased with the quality and construction. The price was very reasonable also, though it has gone up some since then. I would whole heartedly recommend them.

On a P220 I would go with the YCS. It is an IWB holster. The SVS rides outside the pants up high but I find it more comfortable for shorter guns like a Glock 27/23/30. For me the SVS is not a comfortable draw with a longer barrel on a P220, P226, Commander, Govt model, and guns like that. Remember, it has no rake, it is vertical and goes in the 3 o'clock postition. If you are going to try to conceal a full size pistol like the P220 under a short jacket the only thing that will work is either the IWB, MOB, or shoulder holster types of holsters. The YCS has a pretty good rake to it (I think around 18 degrees, you pick) and is worn at about the 4:30 position. If you go with a YCS ask Mark about the way he makes mine. They are IWB only, no belt slots, and rough side out on the leather, nice and smooth on the gun without a lining. That is that way I originally designed it, ugly, he had to make it pretty. 9x19 has one of the pretty ones.

Mark THG is regular poster over on Glocktalk...and everyone over there who has recieved a holster of any type from him raves about its quality and comfortable fit...SDnR

[This message has been edited by Stopdropnroll (edited October 06, 1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back