M-203 or Duplicate Launcher for 37mm or 40mm Non-Explosive Projectiles

Anthony

Hello Everyone,

My apologies up front to the moderator if this thread is not in the proper section. I wasn't quite sure where it should go.

Just read a wonderful article in the current issue of SWAT by Leroy Thompson on the M-203 grenade launcher and its less than lethal applications in law enforcement.

Is the M-203 or a 40mm or 37mm launcher of equal or greater quality available to civilians?

Which projectiles are available for civilian consumption?

Does anyone have a good source for such items?

I'm aware of one 37mm launcher that looked like an M-203 and was pure trash quality wise. I'm not looking for that sort of thing. Only seriously high quality stuff.

- Anthony

Pick up a copy of Shotgun news there are normally a few different 37mm launchers of varying quality.

Some Semi-Relevant Information

Hmm...the Heckler & Koch HK79 and the GP-30 are both 40mm underbarrel grenade launchers like the M-203, attaching to the AG-3 battle rifle and the AK-100 series assault rifles, respectively.

Standalone 40mm 'nade launchers include the M79 (that's the one Terminator uses in "Terminator II: Judgement Day) and the Heckler & Koch Hk69. Both are single-shot break-action weapons.

I don't know much about the legality of these...I suspect you'll need a license in most states.

The 37mm may still be legally available along with "bird bombs" rounds.

Shotgun News is a good bet.

We use Less Lethal as in less lethal then a convention bullet, but still possibly lethal.

We haven't had much luck with the 12 gauge or 37mm bean bag type rounds. Pretty much mixed results. It's a good idea always to back them up with a conventional firearm.

Jeff

Back