Luminescent sights

ctjoe

recently purchased a HK vp9 and I love the luminescent sights. They are enhanced by outdoor light and just pop. Easy to sight in. I now want to have something similar on my G26. I don't need night sights but these have the benefit of being charged by a flashlight. Anyone have any experience on painting with luminescent paints? Night shooting is with a 12 gauge and a tact light. This is for range only.

I have painted sights with luminescent paint before. It actually worked quite well. I can't remember the paint I used now, but it applied about like fingernail polish. The green is the brightest. You need a white dot to paint over or it will be ineffective. It will last 3 or 4 years. Reapplying is easy. I wish I could remember the paint I used. There are a few products on amazon that would likely work.

Bill...can you elaborate? What you tried and the results that made it useless? Poor results,no glow,didn't adhere and so on?

Thanks

ctjoe, how long does the luminescent last and how long does it have to be lit?
I've tried luminescent paint, too, but the glow didn't last long enough to be very useful.
After taking a night shooting class years ago, a handheld flashlight seems the better way to go.
Of course if there's better paint these days, and you already have a flashlight handy, why not keep charging the paint.

I am looking for better visibility in daylight. I have luminescent sights, that come standard on HK VP9. They pop in daylight. Indoor shooting range, I just hit with flash light and they are great indoors too.I don't need night sights.

Was thinking high viz paint by testers, but may be worse in an indoor range with poor lighting

Why not just get some truglo fiber optic sights? Or truglo tfx or tfo sights. Those two are night sights with fiber optic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

"Glow On" paint is what I used, but it's all about the same. The paint's glow doesn't last any amount of time.
If you have a flashlight, why not just use it? Learning point shooting is much better than relying on luminous sights.
Fiber optic sights work well in low light situations.

Back