Luger Info

paul lewis

Inactive
Harley I sent in a posting under hand gun semi auto about a luger ,could you take a look at it , icant seem to figure out what is si in the blue book Thanks Paul

Paul:
Are there any markings on the extractor?(CARREGADA) (Geladin)
Are there any markings on the safety? (Gesichert)
Are there any markings on the chamber?
Are there any dates stamped on the gun?

At present I cannot specifically locate this Luger. Although I find similaities, none are exactly as you describe.

Possibly Jim or Johnwill, may have the specificinformaton.

HJN

Are all parts matching? An M could indicate Navy use, but I am not sure what you mean by back of the grip. There are normally no markings on the back of the grip, but there are sometimes police markings on the front. Are the serial numbers all outside or are most of them on the parts hidden.

Are the grips wood or plastic and if the latter, what style?

Any other marks, like a letter after the serial number?

Jim

The M with an anchor under it is the German Weimar naval acceptance mark, but I think we'd need a lot more details about the gun before an intelligent estimate could be made. There are a lot of details like the marking on the chamber, the type of toggle, the barrel length, etc. that all go into identifying a Luger. There are a number of decent books that are useful for researching Luger pistols, probably enough to fill a bookshelf! :)

Hi Harley The ? you asked are all no , no dates all # match ser # under barrel is same as on front of frame wood grips, back of grip near stock lug is M with small anchor under it below that is N. 341/ 4" barrel ,9MM , good straw color on safety,trigger,ejector spring, that all there is Thanks Paul

Hi Harley or Jim it does say Gesichert behind safety lever no hidden sereial just last 2 # regular ser.# on small parts, sorry for goof up Paul

Paul:
Johnwill presented the Navy issue and I believe that to be correct. Most Navy models had longer barrels, but there is one that is presented with a 4" bbl, being Mfg'd in 1908. The 1908 Military, 1st issue, did not have the Stock Lug, There was however another Military Model, that was presented in 1914 that was the same as the 1908, except that it had the Stock Lug Added and the writting on/near the safety.

From your description, and the added information I believe that this is the model you have. To be absolutly positive, as Johnwill, mentioned, the purchase of the Lugar book would definetly be of assistance. Additionally, were you to secure an opion from a reputable Lugar collector would definetly be an asset.

It is difficult to detemine Lugar's without actually looking at them, as there were so many mfg'd. In my humble opinion, I think that your Lugar is the 1914 Military model. this again can probably be debated in the Lugar Books.

HJN

Back