Luger Carbine

Robert Glenn

Inactive
I have recently acquired a pretty nice Luger Carbine. Can anyone tell me what the buttplate material should be and where is the serial number located on the stock.

Many thanks, Bob

Last edited:
IIRC, either the shoulder-stocked pistol or the Carbine should have almost identical detachable walnut stocks.

This is the Carbine I had in mind...

Terboven.jpg

However, I am led to understand that some call long-barreled Pistols with shoulder stocks and forend wood "Carbines."

LugerCarbine.jpg

Guess I sit corrected.

Regards,

Walt

No disrespect or correction was meant, wjkuleck, but your first Carbine is a Mauser Carbine, not a Luger - which was the pistol inquired about in the OP and shown in your second pic.

[Bob:] - wjkuleck's stock, pictured second, above, appears to be correct in every respect, AFAIK. I would think if it's numbered to the gun, a serial number or a partial number would be under the buttplate and/or on the buttstock attachment iron.

The Luger (Parabellum) pistols came with a few options.

Lugers were available cut/machined at the lower rear of the gripframe for a shoulder stock - which could be had on either a short barreled (4"-6") pistol (no forend), or a long barreled Carbine.

AFAIK, the Mauser Carbine only came the way wjkuleck's is pictured - the Mauser short-barreled pistols had a different frame with a hollow, blocky-looking, wood stock that doubled as a holster.

Need all the markings before any determination can be made.
These were also made up from Chinese imports by one of the importers. The pictured looks too new to be original $24,000 Mauser carbine. Again, need all the markings.

No disrespect or correction was meant, wjkuleck, but your first Carbine is a Mauser Carbine, not a Luger - which was the pistol inquired about in the OP and shown in your second pic.

Geez, what a major brain f*rt.

Apologies to all from one who should know better :eek:.

That's what I get for sticking my head up whilst pounding through the Operating Cycle chapter of my next book.

Sorry, guys 'n gals.

And yes, I have some C 96s and Astra 900s and even a Finn Luger, but I'm a long way from being able to afford a Mauser or Luger Carbine!

Regards,

Walt

carbines

I dont think those are chinese.they look real and I think I remember the chinese guns were rough.:rolleyes:;)

Back