Lucky Big Score

tex45acp

Yesterday I walked into a Pawn Shop to see if they had any decent gun deals. I looked down on the bottom shelf behind the counter and I saw three boxes of .22LR. I asked the young man if they were for same and I laid a $100.00 bill on the counter. He picked it up and handed me the three boxes, grinning from ear to ear like this was his first sale ever. I was extremely happy as I have been looking for them for quite a while. I sure hope the young man still has a job today.
IMG_7844_1_.JPG

Great deal !!!

Pawn Shop
This is about the third story I have heard of where folks are finding ammo deals at Pawn-shops. One assumption that I have herd is that hoarders that bought ammo at retail stores are starting to let some go and selling through pawn shops. Reportedly, some of the boxes and ammo, show signs of aging. No mater as it's still a good deal and I'm sure the ammo would still perform well.

Be safe !!!

I found a box of 30-30 win a few weeks ago at my local pawn shop. Called every big box retailer in town and they were bone dry.

In today's market, if half of them are duds it's still a good deal.

In today's market, in Yesterdays market, or in Tomorrow's market, if half of them are duds, its NOT a "good deal"!!

44 AMP: “...Duds...”.

Do you mean primers, or too weak to extract properly?

With Fed. Automatch etc, my Ruger IV and M&P handgun were very unreliable.

The cure?
Recoil springs were shortened 1/2” and about 1/3”.
Quite reliable now.

Do you mean primers, or too weak to extract properly?

I mean a "dud", a shell that fails to go off.

No matter the caliber, or the price you actually paid, if you are paying for ammunition. and half of it fails to fire, you paid too much!!!

I had a box of .22 many years ago that every 3rd round would fail. I even tried rotating a few but there were just a bunch of duds. I contacted the mfg (I think it was Remington, but can't swear to it) and they replaced the box and sent me a label to return the bad one.

Twasn't THAT long ago, I was buying 500 round bricks for under $15 and a few years (OK maybe a few decades) they were $7.99/brick. Used to stop at the local drug store on the way to the range with my two boys; they each got a brick and would go through them using a 10/22 and a Marlin 60 in about 2 hours....................Nowadays, they'd be using a single shot and I'd hand them each round................ :D

I bought three boxes of 500 Remington "thunderbolt" 22LR's at Walmart yesterday for just under 6 cents a round, best I've seen for a while.

Don't know about today, but in the past, Remington "Thunderbolts" were their cheapest bargain grade of ammo. Similar to Winchester "Wildcats". Unplated lead bullets and a poor reputation for reliable ignition or feeding.

If they work for you, great, but don't expect great things. I shot a lot of them when they were about a penny and a half each, but would always pass on them if I could get Golden Bullets (or about anything else) for that price or even a tad more.

I came across approx. 500 rounds of Remington Thunderbolt and Winchester Wildcat, when cleaning out a bin I had in the closet.
Now, I need to go out and purchase a gun to shoot it.
fZ1OeZM.gif

I came across approx. 500 rounds of Remington Thunderbolt and Winchester Wildcat, when cleaning out a bin I had in the closet.

But you found something that's been earning higher returns than my 401k.

I have the same problem but with .22 WRM ammo. I have around 250 rounds and no rifle that shoots it. I'm tapped out for gun money so it's not likely I'll buy a rifle that shoots it...

Tony

Back