Lube Day!

FrankenMauser

I haven't been able to do anything properly productive lately, but I did find an opportunity today to pull out the double boiler and melt down a bunch of cheese wax for lube.

Today, I went for the Mini Babybel wax. It's a bit softer and has a lower melting point than Carnuba Red, but holds up about as well as BAC or 2500+ ... but without the stench(!).

attachment.php

Screened, filtered, poured into quite a slab, and wrapped to keep the dust out...
The square (16") and bullets (.44 - 200 to 425 gr) weren't placed there on purpose, but they do serve to give the slab some scale.
attachment.php

(1 lb 11 oz)

I also melted down all of my Carnuba Red scraps and scrapings from pan or dip lubing, but I can't remember where I put the slab.... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• CheeseWaxMelt_800.jpg
    CheeseWaxMelt_800.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 171
  • CheeseWax_800.jpg
    CheeseWax_800.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 184
Alittle beeswax & some lanolin, soap serate.

Wonder if it`ll mix with "RED & TACKY" ???

BUT , I can`t make it as cheap as Glenn & Randy can sell it for !!!

GP

LOL, that reminds me, I got a chunk of Felix lube my wife has asked me three times about sitting in the oven I need to remelt. At least I hope it's still in the oven.....:rolleyes:

LAH, good to see you around. Hope the time off is agreeing with you and yours.

Don't want to hijack the thread but will reply.

Time off??? LAH have I missed summtin ???

Retired. Closed the doors to Dry Creek & selling most everything I don't personally shoot. A local guy is taking much of it.

LAH, good to see you around. Hope the time off is agreeing with you and yours.

Barbara & I are enjoying retirement. She is free to come & go & she is pleased. I have more time for ministry work. Also have time to cast from myself, shoot my firearms, fish & run around in the woods. Life is good.

Back