LSS Chassis vs LSS-XL Chassis

ninosdemente

I found an MDT chassis on sale. The seller sent me a picture and looks like it's from a Savage 10BA Stealth complete stock, except magazine. Is there a big difference between the two chassis other than one being longer than the other?

At the price they are asking ($300 + s&h), I guess I shouldn't complain. Just trying to get an idea of what I am getting into. It is for a Savage 12 SA .223 and will be for bench rest shooting only.

Guess the only curiosity is how annoying/problem it is when resting on bags? Looks like the bag will be fairly close than what I am use to. I don't really use bipod but I do have one if I have no other choice. Thanks in advanced.

I've owned both. Sold the LSS and kept the LSS XL. I would get the LSS XL. Sold the LSS for $250.

As a side note, MDT puts their chassis on sale for Thanksgiving. I purchased a blemish LSS XL for $100 last year. Purchased a blemish ESS with the butt stock for around $450. Got a TAC21 last year for $400. They have great deal when they run a sale.

I did see the sale but waited too long for it as I was trying to figure out what I needed, where I could get it to make a complete chassis. The LSS XL was for $300, blem and only had fixed stock option available. Was trying to figure out if I could use magpul buttstock and looking for the tube. As always waited too long and the one I needed/wanted was no longer available for the Savage. Which is why I was trying to get this one I found which the person has not sold it yet. For $300 I get the complete set.... just wondering about the LSS chassis.

In MDT, even the magazines were on sale as well. That would have been great to get the one you got for $100, $200 less than this year. What blem did yours have? Just curious. Thanks.

The ESS purchased this year has only a small blemish in the machining due to an extra grove cut in the top of the chassis where the butt stock attaches. Most probably wouldn't notice it. I couldn't find anything wrong with the TAC21 chassis. Paid full retail for my LSS chassis. The LSS XL looks like it was a demo since it has some wear. But for $100, I can't complain.

Back