Low down on a stock

armednfree

Stocky's AccuBlock® Long Range Target / Tactical (LRT) Remington 700 BDL Laminated WITH ALUMINUM BEDDING BLOCK

Opinions?

Initially I'm going to drop my M700 22-250 in it. The intent is to build a M700 with a PAC-Nor heavy palma barrel with a PAC Nut in 6.5 creed. I don't want homely or ugly. A synthetic stock is homely, a chassis is flat ugly. I have several of those. I want this one to be good looking and to me that says wood.

https://www.stockysstocks.com/accub...-riflestocks-with-aluminum-bedding-block.html

They are pretty nice stocks, if a bit heavy. With that stock, a heavy Palma barrel on a Remington 700, plus scope, it will probably weigh 14-15 lbs.

That machined AL block will have to be an exact match to the receiver to fit properly. Epoxy glass bedding matches the receiver to the stock. Regular pillar bedding lifts the receiver off the stock.
Says the weight is 3 lbs. 11 oz. A Bell and Carson M40 Style weighs 2.5 pounds.

Manners

Manners makes so many different stocks for that action, if I couldn't any satisfaction looking at other brands I'd surely give those fellas a call,.
I put one of their T3's on my 700 and it fit like a glove and improved performance more than I believed it could, also I did pillar bed and Devcon bed the entire action.
Their catolog is available online, and shows weights I'm pretty sure, and paint scheme's also.

Stocky's AccuBlock® Long Range Target / Tactical (LRT) Remington 700 BDL Laminated WITH ALUMINUM BEDDING BLOCK

Opinions?

Initially I'm going to drop my M700 22-250 in it. The intent is to build a M700 with a PAC-Nor heavy palma barrel with a PAC Nut in 6.5 creed. I don't want homely or ugly. A synthetic stock is homely, a chassis is flat ugly. I have several of those. I want this one to be good looking and to me that says wood.

https://www.stockysstocks.com/accub...-riflestocks-with-aluminum-bedding-block.html

Well that laminated stock is about as ugly as any I've ever seen. I wouldn't have a plastic stock but I would before that thing. Good part of it is, we each decide what we like to have and it's just right !

Well that laminated stock is about as ugly as any I've ever seen. I wouldn't have a plastic stock but I would before that thing. Good part of it is, we each decide what we like to have and it's just right !
I concur. Beauty certainly exists in the eyes of beholder. The color, the form, and the finish of this one is too much on the pretentious side.

I actually don't mind a good composite (plastic) stock. Many of times it actually works better than wood.

-TL

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Well that laminated stock is about as ugly as any I've ever seen
Well, then take a look around at what current stock designs look like. That is a pretty common looking design these days. And many big names make stocks that look almost exactly like that (chunky butt/vertical grip/wide forarm), it's the "tactical" look. I'm not a fan of the look myself, but I am amazed how many people want a stock that looks like those.

The T3 is just like Scorch described, but it's so easy to shoot off a bench it's so comfortable, mine has less of a vertical grip than some in their line, but I like the feel of it.
Oh btw my 700 is a 7mm rem mag, and the stock tames some of the recoil for me, I think mostly because it disperses it better than just a regular plastic or wooden stock, off the bench.

Back