Lotta mil surp guns at auction!!!

They ship!

Langham ships all over the country. If you have an FFL or know someone who does I think you are good to go.

Lifeisgood.
Prof Young

Biggest problem with Langham Auctions is that they let just about anyone bid on a gun. People often don't understand that used guns should not cost more than new ones. Add in shipping and insurance and that drives the prices up to the point you could buy a new one locally for less money. Couple of months ago, I was bidding on a Savage 99, but the bidders ran the price up to where I could find one locally for less. I did gety some ammo from the last auction, though, 250 rounds of Remington factory loads for 444 Marlin for $130. Not a screaming deal. Then they added in the 65 dollars shipping. So, not as great deal, just OK.

Scorch has a good point . . .

Scorch:
You have a good point.

But the crazies who bid too much are not the fault of the auctioneer. I once watched as an $80 derringer go for twice it's value. And of course shipping is gonna cost something. And there may be a buyer premium or a seller premium which is why you wanna read all the info.

The Langham bros are the operative definition of integrity and I've watched as scalawags have bought thousands of dollars worth of goods and then not showed up for payment. It takes some time to realize the cheat and usually by then the Langhams have gone ahead and paid the seller. They put those items back in another auction and mostly do okay, but sometimes take a loss.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Prof Young, I am not impugning Langham at all, it's the bidders and the whole "gotta win" mentality at auctions. People lose sight of what the gun is worth and get caught up in the thrill of the chase. When you have used guns selling for more than a new gun sells for, it's not the auctioneers fault at all, they're just putting it up for auction and taking the money.

C&R?

Muzzleblast:

I don't know what C&R is?

I can check with the Langham's and let you know but I'd like to know what C&R is so I'm asking with bit more understanding.

Life is good.
Prof Young

P.S. Wait . . . I got it. Curios and Relics. I'll get back to you.

Yes, Langham ships to those with a C & R license.

Got an e-mail from Langhams this morning and yes they ship to C & R license holders as well.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Back