Lost Key

Google "shimming locks".

Super easy to "pick" as well

But, with the key lost the lock is useless after you get it off. Might as well bolt cutter it. Unless you think the key might be inside the case.
If so, a shim can be made out of a Coke can that will open just about any padlock in seconds

Neat trick, but did you notice what the lock bodies were made of in that video?
Wonder if it would work on something more substantial.
So now, is having a couple of wrenches going to be considered as having burglar tools?

Neat trick, but did you notice what the lock bodies were made of in that video?
Wonder if it would work on something more substantial.
So now, is having a couple of wrenches going to be considered as having burglar tools?
Those were cheap crap Chinese made locks. Definitely would not work with any halfway decent American made lock

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Locks that small are difficult for me to pick.
Bolt cutters would cut it in 30 seconds.
Dremel with a cutting disc would take 45 seconds.
Smashing the lock against a concrete block using a 22 ounce framing hammer would take approximately 120 seconds if it is top quality.
Etching it with acid and an electrode would take... longer.
The shackles ar not hardened on 90%+ of the locks that size. I would be surprised if the box wrench trick did not work. It might take a moment longer and a bit more force than in that video.

I once took off my running shoe and beat a lock, that looked considerably more substantial than that but considerably less substantial than the one on my HS locker, until it fell off. Took me about three minutes and a little sweat. The heel of the shoe never looked the same again.

Assuming that was used in shipping and is a TSA lock, it is a breeze to make a key. I hear.

If you don't own and feel comfortable operating ANY of those tools, I recommend you call a locksmith.

Take it to the airport and have TSA open it.

By the way, the lock used to lock a gun case for airline travel should NOT be a TSA lock. The lock is supposed to keep everyone but the owner out.

The bag that the case is in can be locked with a TSA lock, but not the actual case itself.

Back