Lost CCW in VA

Shadi Khalil

Good day gents,

I live in VA and recently moved, in the course of this move I lost my CCW permit. Im in the state where it was originally issued but I cant find any resource on what to do. Anybody here know the VA procedure for reissuing a CCP?

Can I still carry my firearm with physically having the permitt on me? I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure its no.

Too bad packing.org is gone.

thanks fellas.

In Kentucky you must contact the Police department as soon as you know you've lost your CCW permit. They will reissue it for a fee. As far as carrying without, Kentucky will issue a $25 fine if you are caught carrying without both your CCW permit and a second form of ID.

I'm sure Virginia is different, but I gave Kentucky's law as an example. I would certainly contact my local Police department to find out.

Can't say for Va for sure, but in NC it's a big no-no to not have the permit on your physical person while carrying. I think they word it as w/out having the permit on you, it's something to the extent of carrying concealed w/out a permit.

in VA, stick with open carry until you get a replacement. Pretty sure you'll loose the permit permanently if you don't have it and get caught. but not sure, gonna see if I can find that out

think i just found your answer

Replacement Permits

A replacement permit may be requested, in writing, addressed to the FTC at P.O. Box 85141, Richmond, VA, 23285-5141. All requests for replacement must include a cashier’s check or money order in the amount of $5.00 made payable to the Virginia State Police, and one of the following:

* the permit file number
* a photocopy of the permit
* a photocopy of a valid photo-ID issued by a governmental agency

A replacement permit will have the same expiration date as the permit originally issued.

this is off this state police site

Pat h,

I stopped carrying for a while so I figuered I did need to carry it around. You are right though, I think gun or no gun it should be there with my DL

Back