Loose glock slides

colonel

Inactive
Hey folks. My Glocks work just fine, but the rattle when i shake the guns is driving me nuts. Is there any way to pinch the slide with one of those 1911 vises? I would think that a slide is a slide.

Thanks

It sounds like a good way to crack a Glock slide, as some of the harder 1911 slides are prone to do.

Perhaps the Caspian replacement slides are tighter?

Of course there is the old story of the fellow who went to his doctor complaining about an ache when he waved his arm a particular way. The Doctor's advice: Quit waving your arm like that!

Your Glock won't rattle if you don't shake it. ;)

Best wishes,

Daniel

Colonel, I tend to agree with Daniel, although I've never tried to tighten a Glock slide. Contact Caspian (802) 472-6454 and talk to them about their slides. They're good people. George

It's the frame rails not the slide. I've noticed the newer glocks are getting loser. I have a bunch of glocks and some are just tighter than others dosn't seem to effect reliability but is somewhat annoying. I just sent my 21 back to glock because it was really looooose I ask them to replace it or gice me a frame that gives me a better fit. The first shoot was going way high the rest were real tight I feel this was caused by loose lock up with first round. I let you know what they do.

Back