Looks like the Kel Tec P32 is drop safe.

Mike38

This morning, I was running a couple minutes late for work so was in a hurry. Grabbed my lunch cooler and carry pistol and headed for my pickup truck. I pocket carry a Kel Tec P32 in a "Sticky Holsters" pocket holster. I can't carry in the building at work, so the pistol stays in the glove box of my truck. I didn't realize it, but I was holding it upside down while walking down the driveway. I felt the pistol slip out of it's holster, looked just as it was hitting the hard frozen driveway, muzzle up and pointing at me. All I could think was, this is going to hurt if it fires. But no, it did not discharge. Landed on the rear of the slide, even put a little nick on the hammer, but did not discharge. Thanks Kel Tec for making a drop safe pistol. That, or I got real lucky. Maybe should have bought a lottery ticket today?

I believe that would be in large part due to the hammer block used in the P32 and some of their other models. Nice feature.

So no buying of lottery tickets any more than if you dropped an empty gun and it didn't go off.

Back