Looking for SD rancher/farmer with praire dogs and camping

44inchjeep

Inactive
I'm looking for some private land in South Dakota for me and one other guy to camp and shoot prairie dogs on. We are planing on being there September 13-17 2013. I work at a steel fab shop so if you need some steel of any type, or fabricated parts maybe I can barter with you, or tell me your price

The hunt part of prairie dog hunting

44inchjeep--You are probably going to find out that the real "hunting" part of prairie dogging is finding a place to shoot the lil boogers. This sport has taken off and there are lots of guys just like you (and me) that want to find one of those grassy plains that go on forever with thousands of prairie dogs that have never heard a 22-250. And the best of all worlds would be a land owner that is silently wishing he could find someone that would respect his land and cattle and come to his place and kill those pesky rats that are making holes all over. That is a hard find.

Contacting county extension agents in the area you would like to shoot may be one means of finding someplace like you want. Also, in states that have lots of public land sometimes the managing agency (like BLM) will provide info about public lands that have active prairie dog towns. The chamber of commerce office in farm and ranch communities sometimes have lists of landowners that allow prairie dog shooting.

http://www.ultimateprairiedoghunting.com/USA/South-Dakota/

Good luck!

Last edited:
Back