Looking for pistolsmith to Bisley-ize my .30 Carbine Blackhawk

jski

Looking to Bisley-ize my .30 Carbine Blackhawk. Looked at new grip frames from MidwayUSA and the comment board was repeat with warnings to the effect that this should not be entered into by a novice.

First thought of Jim Stroh from Georgia but he appears to be retired as of 3 years ago. A good guy recommended JRH Gunsmithing out of Nevada.

Anybody have experience with these guys? I called and they sounded like very knowledgeable guys, ready and able to serve.

You might check with Brownell's as they also sell a conversion frame & parts like you are looking for. Also, do not forget grips!

Brownell's offers the same "rough" Ruger grip frames as MidwayUSA. The problem is to find a pistolsmith to do the work ... the whole job.

Called Bowen the other day. I'm looking at ~$1150 for the work minus any grips. They don't do that.

Asked about just a "customization". ~$450. And that's just a possible reboring/clean-up of the forcing cone, trigger job, plus a reseating of all the screws using Loctite's Threadlocker. Probably 222.

And a new rear sight.

Last edited:
Back