Looking for parts.

KenReb

I guess that my previous post was lost over the weekend, so here it is again. I am in need of a parts source for a Universal Autowing 12ga. shotgun. It is my fathers, and my 21 yr. old brother gets a little careless at times and has lost a couple parts, and I need a few that are just worn out. I have tried GPC, but they have no parts available, and they don't even show the gun in there catalog. Any help would be appreciated.

Ken

If "Universal Autowing" is a generic shotgun (like Sears or Monkey Wards,) check the GPC cross-reference feature on their website, it should tell you who the actual manufacturer is (Savage, Stevens, etc...) You can then see if they have the parts for the non-generic corresponding shotgun model.

You could also write to NRA magazines "Where can I find...?" column. NRA may have some web resource you could check out.

Good luck

Universal Shotgun

I am pretty sure that Universal is the make and Autowing is the model, and that it was imported by FIE. My father also informed me that it is Italian, and is a knock-off of a Franchi. Hope this helps, but after looking at the diagram of a Franchi, it looks a lot alike, but I am not sure if the parts are interchangable.

Oh, by the way, no cross reference is listed.

Ken

I'm sorry about the difficulties in getting the info you need. I'm sure that the NRA has the resources, historical and technical, to get you the info on the SG and where to find the parts...check their site.

Again, best of luck

Ken, as the issue seems to be getting a handle of the history of the gun and importer, I'll transfer this to Harley's forum. Hopefully we can get a source figured out!

Giz

Just thought of something: have you checked the "Gun Digest Book of Firearms Assembly/Disassembly - Shotguns?" Lots of diagrams, you might be able to cross-reference there...

Back