Looking for opinions on 10mm ammo

Zee

Hey,

I'm looking for any opinions/comments on either of the following 2 loads:
1) PMC 170gr JHP (not starfire)
2) CCI/Blazer 180gr JHP

I going to pick up a case mail order, but can't find any around here to test out, so I'm turing to you guys for any advice.
Thanks in advance and happy holidays,

Zee

[This message has been edited by Zee (edited December 25, 1999).]

I have shot the Blazer ammo in a Glock 20C. The Glock functioned without a hitch with this ammo. Positive case ejection and the action always locked opened after last round. Having only put about 200 rounds thru the gun it seem accurate but I had know other ammmo to compare it.

I have fired a lot of the 180 gr blazer through several guns, including 1911 and Glocks, with no problems.

Lately, I have shot a lot of the Georgia Arms 180 gr through my Glocks and EAA 10mms, you might look into ordering from them.

Personal experience: the PMC 170gr hollowpoints ("Eldorado," not "Starfire") SUCK!!!!!!!!

I had a 50rd box and the bullets looked all messed up...dings, corrosion, and they WOULDN'T FIT in my mags! Somebody on this site actually measured some PMC 10mm cases and found out the overall length was TOO LONG, resulting in various nasty problems like binding up magazines and jams.
Only other stuff I've used so far are Winchester Super-X 175gr silvertips, which seemed to work real nice.

My $.02

----------
CastleBravo

I avoid PMC ammo like the plague. If your looking for cheap ammo and and don't need the brass to reload I would go with CCI Blazer. I've had real good luk with it.

My friend bought some 9mm PMC FMJ practice ammo and the case was also longer than all the other ammo I had (GD, QS, SXT). It worked, but i thought this was weird that the case was noticibly longer.

Back