Looking for new carry products and belts for holsters

larrydean

Inactive
I am looking to buy some belts to carry my slide holsters on and I would like some input, I have been to several gun shows and I see alot of products from Daltech and I have not heard of them. Give some ideas!!!!

good belt from Columbia Sportswear

Go to a mass merchandiser like Penney's and look at what they carry from Columbia Sportswear. I got a great belt from them, leather and very, very stiff. Compares favorably with belts made just for carrying. And less than $20 as I recall.

Moved to Gear and Accessories.

I've used an Aker B21 for ~7 years now and it has served me well, but I'm planning on replacing it within the year. I have also used a DeSantis Econobelt for ~5 years. It's still serving me well, with no current need to replace it.

I wear an Uncle Mike's reinforced instructors belt. It has a polymer inner core and is very rigid.

If you're like me, and don't care about style it is a good option for $25. It holds my CZ -85B and spare mag with no sag.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Another vote for Aker belts. I own about seven different B21 belts in an assortment of sizes (the damn things shrink over the years) in brown and black, and they are simply awesome belts. I generally carry a Sig P220 and two spare mags - not a huge load, but enough that a really good belt is useful to distribute the weight.

The earliest belts had a spring steel core in between the two layers of leather, but the later belts use a polymer core in place of the steel. It's better because the steel core belts set off airport metal detectors, but if you get the brass buckles they come with now, the burly hardware sets off airport metal detectors also so it's a wash.

There are lots of other options out there, but Aker makes a fine product.

I have a 20 year old Aker that still is great...I also have a Bigfoot belt and a couple of others from Auer and Hanks. The ones that have lasted and worn well are 2 layers of leayher. A couple have inserts. The oldest Aker carried a full compliment of gear (guns, mags, light, cuffs, pepper spray.

My EDC is a Glock 21, not exactly light. I carry OWB.

I am forever collecting carry gear, but make poor choices.

First poor choice was deciding on a beretta 92fs as my carry gun. But, this is my favorite pistol, I can handle and shoot it the best. But for carry not so great. I accomplish it.

My advice is not to scrimp on the belt.... you don't need a $200 gun belt, but it will take a time investment at department stores. Find the stiffest leather belt that you can find, I prefer one with two ????(metal things on the buckle that fit in the fastening holes)???? I don't know why I don't know the name of those metal things??? .... anyway, it's also good to find the trade names of fake leather.
Find the widest of the appropriately stiff leather belts; the widest that you can still get through the pants loops.

I don't wear the same type of pants everyday, so I've got different methods for different dress.

A good shoulder rig can help in winter, depending on where you live.

I have been carrying my glock 23. I have used a Tagula brand leather holster for IWB. And as for the belt... a cheap walmart George brand belt. Never had a single peoblem with comfortablity, support, or anything. I recently added a light to my gun, and changed to a kydex "custom" made holster. Still works fine with my George belt. However I have only been using this dress belt because I have been too lazy to buy a new belt. I finally wrangled up the time to go get a new belt. I got a 5.11 operator belt. Very stiff and sturdy. It works. It was $29 at Gander Moutain.

I second the Kore Essentials Trakline belt. I've had one for the past few months and I love it. Even wear it when I can't carry. I never had any luck with typical belts because I was always between holes.

Back