Looking for info on Husqvarna shotgun

Hi there,
My buddy just purchased a shotgun he nor I know anything about and we are hoping this is the place for answers. The gun is a 12 gauge?, Single shot, and built on a Rolling block action. The action is huge. It is a Remington style but has some manufacturing differences. some areas are streamlined and cut away to be able to remove a screw or such. The inside of the barrel is rifled with lands and grooves but straight from breach too muzzle. Stock seems to be a maple or Birch with a ugly muddy brorn splochy stain applied and then a spar type varnish applied. The serial 47XXX is stamped on barrel under the forearm. on breach side of barrel is stamped HUSQVARNA. No gauge stamp. No proof marks. on top of breach is a large crown over a stylistic letter(perhaps an "H"). No other markings. The barrel seems to be made out of good steel. It is not Damascuss. The Blue Book has no info on this gun and none of my other sources mention it. Thanks for looking. Louie

The Swedes Had a Rolling Block

In the 1870's = Roughly equivelent to the US 50-70 BP cartridge. Husquvarna made some of them ... maybe someone bored out the chamber to take a shot cartridge:rolleyes:

Thanks Guys,
John BT, I copied that article and gave it to my buddy. Too Tech, The link to Gunboards was great. I have read all the past posts and now need to ask them my questions. And let me not forget hpg. I am sure they appreciate your brand of humor around your Trailer Park. Thanks again, Louie

Back