looking for hunting and shooting buddies

ragingbull454

Hi guys:

Just thought I'd post a message here. Looking for some hunting and shooting buddies in Illinois.

I'm a senior in college, and would like to find some people close in age to hunt and shoot with. Please email me if you are interested.

Thanks,

Erick
erick@asus.net

You should join the local gun club. Then get to know some of the regulars at the shooting range.

Another option is to start up a student sportsman organization on campus. The university or college will even finance the student organization.

If that does not fly due to the campus PC police, there is always the Archery Club on many college campuses. Many archers like to hunt and the bow & arrow makes for a great challenge.

Salt,

Thanks for replying. Actually, I did start a sportsman org. on campus...after being denied 3 times by the university because of liability...(I put up a website, but its very outdated because I haven't had time to update it. You can look at it at http://wiusc.tripod.com) We have about 20 members, but they are not the types of people I imagined would join the club. I envisioned a club where everyone worked together to make the club more friendly, but really, there are only about 2 other people besides me that actually make the club be the best. The rest of them expect us to do everything for them.

I joined the local gun club in town, and its mainly compromised of people in their 40's and above. I'm the youngest person there. I like to shoot, so I go there often, and if there are people there, I shoot with them. Usually, the people that are there are open-minded.

Thanks for your post.

Erick

That is the thing about "organizations", it is always just a few people doing all the work.

You just got an education there about how people work in groups. When you graduate and go into the professional world, you will see that many people want to join meetings or committees so they can say they take credit though they never really did any of the work. It is just a form of resume padding.

Anyway, I am sure that you can at least get some people to form a hunting group out of the crowd that has joined the student group.
You can even get the college or university to supply the van for the outing since it is a student group activity.

Last edited:
Back