Looking for help with an Uberi BP revolver

I have recently inherited an Uberti replica of a Colt BP revolver. From all appearances it is an 1860 army but it does not have any markings identifying its calibre. I have located an online pdf concerning Italian proof marks and determined the pistol was manufactured in 1968 and from what my father has told me it was imported by a replica arms company based in Ohio. Unfortunately the barrel markings are unreadable due to years of neglect and rust. Only the proof marks on the frame and cylinder are visible, the number 24 is stamped on several components and a serial number (A4095) is stamped on the frame. I have been unable to locate a way to determine positively if the weapon is in fact an 1860 army or a 1861 navy as the pistol has the engraved cylinder, steel frame , steel backstrap, an 8 inch barrel and is also cut for a shoulder stock. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1860 Army was in .44 caliber. 1861 Navy was in .36 caliber. The frame of the 1860 is "stepped down" to accept the larger cylinder. I have an 1860 and 1861 - both are cut for a shoulder stock. Can you post a pic?

Well here are some quick pics of the step in the frame, the extra screw and the whole kit and cabodle for good measure, thanks again for the help.

ubertiBPcolt065_edited.jpg

ubertiBPcolt073.jpg

PIC_0132.jpg

Is there any markings on the bottom of the frame just in front of the triggerguard? If so, could you post a picture of them?
Trying to help,
Lee

Uberti 1860 Army

What you have is a Replica Arms-Marietta,Ohio 1860 Army, one of the early importers of replica black powder revolvers. It was manufactured for Replica Arms by Uberti. The original Replica Arms company was located in El Paso, Texas and these guns are so marked. Replica Arms was purchased by Val Forgett of Navy Arms and after a transition period the Replica Arms name was dropped. You will find these Replica Arms with a Ridgefield, NJ marking. The final transition was guns marked Navy Arms, Ridgefield, NJ but with the old Replica Arms Logo on the frame. Hope this helps.

The Replica Percussion Revolver Collectors Association is getting ready to publish its book "Replica Percussion Revolvers-A Collectors Guide". This book has been in research for twelve years and still will not be complete as there is no info out there about these revolvers, i.e., manufacturers, importers who marked their guns, etc. In the mean time I invite you to visit the RPRCA web site at: http://rprca.tripod.com

Howdy Folks,
Some of the replicas sold by Replica Arms were made by Armi San Marco. I have a couple. One started life as a Whitneyville Dragoon, but it is now a Walker. The other is a Baby Dragoon with a loading lever. The next time I get the Baby out, I will post a picture of it. It has the Replica Arms stamp over the wedge and Marco on the left side of the frame.
As soon as the rprca gets that book out in print, I WANT ONE. Please.
Lee

Replica Arms

We have several Replica Arms guns made in the early 1960's that have no manufacturer's logo or markings. These date from 1962 to 1967, both El Paso and Ohio addresses. Anyone have any ideas? All help is solicited and appreciated.

I will most definitely want a copy of that once it becomes available; the site was most helpful too. There are numbers on the bottom of the frame A4095 and as for matching numbers all major components are stamped with the number 24 so it appears to be original and matching. I am planning on purchasing a reproduction shoulder stock from Dixie gun works and have also been considering one of those R&D conversion cylinders but in the mean time I’m looking forward to a chance to get out of the city and fire this monster for the first time as I am a black powder virgin.
ubertiBPcolt012.jpg

Shucks, I see nothing there but the serial number. Is there any markings or logos on the barrel under the loading lever?

Back