Looking for Help Identifying Remington 700 Variation

JDP

I think this is mission impossible, but aside from being a Remington 700 ADL, can anyone shed any light on the specific variation this rifle might be?

It is chambered for the .338 WIN magnum. Its barrel code is RI, I assume that is 2014 and NOT 1988. Its serial number is C6301897.

Thoroughly studying the Blue Book of Gun Values, the best I can do is a 700 ADL Alaskan Wilderness Rifle (AWR). I have no idea of the origin of the compensator.

I would appreciate any additional info anyone can provide.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Full RS Cropped 2.jpg
    Full RS Cropped 2.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 134
  • Full LS 2 Cropped - 73.jpg
    Full LS 2 Cropped - 73.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
If all else fails, contact Remington. I picked up a nifty Remington Mountain Rifle with Kevlar stock but didn't know what it was till I asked Remington. It's free of charge and they're glad to help. All by emails.

It's probably aftermarket, I don't think that Remington added it to the rifle.

Try doing just a search on aftermarket muzzle brakes, unless there's a name on it.

finish

I cannot tell from the pics the nature of the finish on the rifle. I think the Wilderness Rifles had special type finish applied.....not the normal matte, but a higher grade The XCR line had a finish which may have been called something along the lines of "Trinide"?

Is the rifle of stainless construction.......and what make stock is on the rifle?

Back