Looking for Grips for Beretta

Ace 2000

Inactive
I have a Beretta Cougar 8040 and am looking for some rubber wrap around grips for it. Hogue would be my preference as I have them on my Ruger P90, but it appears as though they don't make rubber wraparounds for the Cougar 8040...but they do make them for the 92 and 96 line of pistols. Does anyone know of a company that makes rubber wrap around grips for the Beretta Cougar 8040? Thanks in advance.

ACE 2000,

To the best of my knowledge there isn't a finger-groove grip like that on your Ruger for the Cougar 8040. I suppose that you could get one of the finger-groove inserts that fit under the regular grips, but I don't have any experience with something like that on a Cougar.

I have an 8045 and have a set of the Farrar Prestige grips on mine. They really are quite nice. I like Houge's grips fine and dandy, but in my opinion the Farrar grips on a Beretta is absolutely beautiful.

One other note, the Farrar grips are the only aftermarket grip authorized by Beretta. I believe that they even make mention of this in Beretta's Armorer's School. That's not to say you can't put something else on, but supposedly Beretta guarantees that the pistol will operate normally with the Farrar whereas it might not with some other grip.

Anyway if you decide the Farrar's might be up your alley, I recommend checking here: http://www.ajaxgrips.com . Ajax has both good prices and service, and I bought my grips from them.

Good Day.

Back