Looking for gas checked cast bullets

tangolima

I wish I cast, but I can't . I have been looking for cast bullets to feed my over bored Arisaka type 38 rifle. It needs to have bullet diameter of 0.267" or 0.268". Gas checked or powder coated for the pressure. Any suggestion where I should look? Thanks.

-TL

Last edited:
Someone probably has a better answer, but Id seach for a custom bullet maker. A cheaper option in the long run may be to get a custom sizer made and just size down .270s

So I just size down 270 gas checked cast bullet to .268"? That is from 0.278" to 0.268". A lubrisizer will do?

That sounds like a good idea. Now where can I buy 270 gas checked bullets?

Thanks.

-TL

These ol' boys sell a buttload of different bullets. You might write to them and ask what they can do for you, or if you can buy 270 bullets and run em through a Lee push-thru sizer and shrink em down .01 without wrinkling the gas check.
The bullet will do it... I don't know about the check. I'm kinda new at checks, myself. But they should know.

You never know.. his 6.5mm might drop bigger than the .265 that they size em to and you'd just need some unsized ones, but with the check seated.

http://westernbullet.com/castbullets.html

Last edited:
Back