Looking for Chronograph suggestions?

KW Gary M

I am thinking about buying myself a Chronograph for Christmas. I don't know much about them other than a very basic knowledge of how they work. I have seen them priced as low as $50, as high as $500+ and everywhere in between. It would be more of a toy for me not a necessity. I would want it to keep record of 5-10 shot groups and give me the high, low and average of the group. I want one that comes with an adjustable height tripod style mount or can at least have one installed. Those are my only two "Must Have" items. It would be nice if I could store the data for a period of time but that one isn't 100% necessary. Being able to print off the results would be nice but not 100% necessary. I don't need a Rolls Royce of Chronographs but don't want junk that I will have to replace in a couple years.

Anyone have any suggestions? Also why you suggest the particular one too please?

Thanks,
Gary

I've had an Oehler for about 20 years and really like it. However, there are others that are excellent and somewhere in the $100 vicinity.

I had an Oehler and didn't care for the size of it so I gave it to a buddy.

The LabRadar was still in the beta phase, I looked at the Magneto but didn't want a barrel mounted one.

I opted to get the CED M2. It will hold the data until you delete it. You can transfer it to a PC.

I am not sure of all the other specs on it but it was less than $200 at Graf's.

Light weight, can be mounted to a tripod (I mount mine to a metal table with the tripod hole in the bottom of it).

It has a long cord (20 ft or so long) that plugs the brains to the sensors so that you can have the actual chrono up front and the brains sitting on the bench with you.

It is very accurate, gives all the data that you can use (SD, ES, PF, etc).

You can shoot a string and save it or delete it.