Looking for cheap target shooting Ammos(NO RELOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sig Man

Last time, when I went to the range, I used reload 9mm(American Ammo $5.99 for 50). However, there were so much debris coming out of the shell ejector hole while I was shooting. It was just not good. So I am not planning to buy the reload ammo ever again. Does anyone know where I can get good ammo for economical price; I can get a new ammo box for $7.99. Where I live at, I have to drive 45 mins to buy Ammos;in my county, there is no gun sale or Ammo sale in any Sport authority branch due to the gun protestors(can you believe this?)
PS: Also, targets too if there is any.

Natchez, 800-251-7839, has Sellier and Bellot 9mm FMJ for $5.89 per box, plus shipping and handling. 9mm Federal American Eagle is $6.39, 9mm Winchester USA is $6.59. I have ordered from Natchez three times, and the service has been excellent.

Try www.letargets.com/main.html for targets.

[This message has been edited by Cawdor (edited September 24, 1999).]

Through 9-25 Academy Sports is selling CCI Blazer 9mm ammo for $5.99 per box of 50. It is 115gr FMJ. I have not used Blazer ammo but several people have given it a good recommendation. However, it is not reloadable.

To find an Academy close to you go to www.academy.com

There are several companies selling Russian 9m/m, steel case, FMJ, Berdan primed for about $109/1000. It shoots well and you can't beat the price. To order ammo from out of state you need to send a photo copy of your driver's license and a signed statement saying that there are no laws that would prevent you receiving ammo. Or you can have your local friendly gun shop order it. While I get ammo the second way, I have been friends with my gunsmith for over 20 years. I still pay him something for his trouble.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

I shot literaly thousands of S&B .45 FMJ before I got my Dillon. I always got a good deal from Cheaper Than Dirt. www.cheaperthandirt.com

I can only assume the 9mm will be as high quality as I don't own a 9mm. What the heck is wrong with me? Why don't I own one??? Dang... I gotta fix that. ;)

------------------
Bubba
IDPA# A04739
====
It is long been a principal of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully. - Jeff Cooper

[This message has been edited by Bubba (edited September 25, 1999).]

I've started shooting Russian Wolf ammo in 9MM with good results. It sells for $105/1000 here in Houston TX, and will be available in 45 later this fall. It has been extremely accurate and clean-burning in my Beretta 92FS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back