Looking For B.P. Dealer Wash D.C. Area

Geohff

Inactive
I am looking for a good all around B.P. Dealer, 100 miles or less from D.C. Most interested in Civil War Era Pistols and Rifles. Anyone know of a good one stop shop with a good rep. Worth a trip if I can get everything at once.

Thanks!

If you are loking for authentic antiques, I can't help you. If you are interested in reproductions, Bass Pro at Arundel Mills (Hanover, MD) stocks a good number of Pietta reproduction pistols (under the Traditions label) and does carry powders, caps, cleaning supplies, etc. The best bet I have found for reproduction arms is online at Cabelas.com. Good luck! If you do find the right place, I would love to know it whereabouts, too.

Where are you located. I am up in Frederick, MD. Besides the internet i agree Bass Pro Shops is the biggest dealer around here.

I am 30 miles south of D.C.

I went to the Arundle store as suggested, AWSOME but.. did not have exactly what I wanted.

I don't want to go online, I want to hold it and get a feel for it before I commit to buy. Also in a store I know part A acc I buy is for gun A and part A fits before I leave the store. I dont want to send back part B and wait some more for correct part A to come.

I found a store in Winchester, Va that looks great online, now just have to go check it out. I will post what I find out.

I would be interested in the store in Winchester. My wife and I go out there frequently. Where do you do your shooting?

Currently I am trying to break in to shooting. I don't hve a planned range / woods yet. Know of any in Northern Va?

I, too, would be interested in the place in Winchester. Likewise, my wife and I get out there every now and then.

Biermkr - do you know of anywhere in your area to go shooting at targets other than paper? The only ranges around me are paper only...and fairly expensive to join (I am in Ellicott City).

I am a member of the Issak Walton League in Damascus, MD. Currently we are only allowed paper, range approved metallic targets, and organic targets (clays, crackers, cookies things of that nature). i am looking for some private property to shoot on (aren't we all).

Hi all,

Have not made it out to them yet but the Company is Taylors & Co. www.taylorsfirearms.com. They look like an old era specility shop. I am excited by the large Civil War Era Black Powder selection, hope they have what I want, the 1858 Remington Steel Relvolver in stock.

Got my allowance from my "Uncle Sam" yesterday, hope to go this weekend.:D

As many times as i have visited Taylor's website, I never realized they were in Winchester, VA. Definitely have to check them out. Make sure to check the clearance items.

Back