Looking for a vest...

Hiker 1

I'm looking for a tactical vest that doesn't look tactical. Something designed for shooters, CCW, but doesn't look like it was designed for shooters.

Any suggestions?

Hiker, your request is a little vague.

The best I can suggest would be to go to your local sporting goods store, and look for a fishing vest. Plenty of pockets for mags/speed loaders/speed strips, and innocent looking enough to where you might look a little weird, but not threatening.

I have a basic fleece vest that I use as a cover garment for when I need an extra layer of concealment. Nothing fancy, just blends with most of my long sleeve shirts, and breaks up any printing that might be there.

Your options are:

1) Puffy hiking vest
2) Fisher vest
3) Entry team vest
4) Hunters vest
5) Biker leather vest
6) Home-made vest (remove arms from jacket)
7) Or, probably the best, is at gun shows there are often leather custom vest makers. I tried them on, and they are quite good and discrete.

Take a look at a photographers vest, many pockets and the long style will cover a hip holster with ease.

I use one at the range for carrying small items and sometimes at the trap range shells.

I suppose I was being a little vague. I'm looking for a vest, designed for shooters, that can hold a lot of accessories - mags, flashlight, etc, but is inconspicuous enough to walk around town in.

For example, my fly-fishing vest is great but it is designed for fishing and I would look pretty goofy walking around anywhere other than a stream with it on.

Back