Looking for a Very Specific Holster

GTS

Inactive
I'm trying to find a straight drop, OWB holster for a Glock 17 for open carry. I'd like it to be Kydex or a similar material, mid or low riding, no retention device, and attaches to the belt via (1.75") slots/loops. Funnily enough, I can't anything that fits the descreption. If you know of anything please pass along the name of the maker and model.
Thanks.

I shoot with the maker of Master Tac Kydex holsters.
Call Bill and see if he can accommodate your drop and belt.
He does neat work and has some very sharp color and color laminate Kydex.
Note that he is off through Dec 10 so contact him next week.
https://www.facebook.com/mastertac.holsters

I also shoot with Chris of Ready Tac but it would be more trouble to get a special order through his distributors, CPWSA and SKDtac, if you are not local since he does not mailorder direct.

Holsters are the fleas of the handgun hobby.

I find it much easier to decide on and buy the gun than finding and buying a holster that fits my needs.

Good luck in your quest, you have my sympathy and I hope you are able to find that elusive 'just right' holster.

"...buying a holster that fits my needs..." Don't be daft. Make your own and it'll be exactly what you want. Cost you far less too. Buying a holster. Geezuz. snicker.
"...no retention device..." Would very likely cause a commercial maker to have a stroke over liability fears. Kind of doubt you'll find a plastic holster without something.
Been making my own leather holsters for eons. No straps or any other mechanical retention devices other than wet forming. Works like hot dam.

Why no retention device? I'd use a Safariland ALS if I was going to open carry a G17.
Yep. That is what I have as well. I don't actually open carry with it, but it is what I would use of I did.

Fast draw. Secure. Well made. Reasonably priced.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Try BladeTech. Use the "Filters" function to narrow the field--they
offer so many options it can get a little overwhelming.

I have the Comptac International and the Blade Tech Eclipse. Both are great holsters. To me, I think the Blade Tech has a better fit and retention. 1.75" accessories are available, so I would go with that holster.

Burrhead has the right idea with JM custom Kydex. Some of the best holsters I've ever used.

My open carry holster for my Glock 17 is a Blackhawk Serpa though. Cheap at like $30, and the retention is easy to release.

Holsters are the fleas of the handgun hobby. I find it much easier to decide on and buy the gun than finding and buying a holster that fits my needs.
Isn't that the truth. I ended up making my own to solve my carry needs. Plus it allows me to experiment fairly cheaply with designs that might not work out. That said, and with understanding that I don't like kydex (loud rattles, wear on the finish of the gun, and it's plastic!)

I'd suggest El Paso Saddlery for a quality rig. Their web site has a variety of models that offer what you are looking for, albeit in leather.

Best Regards, Rod

Back