Looking for a new press.

kilotanker22

I am looking for a new press to accompany my other press. Idea is to have one for seating, one for sizing and one for the Lee Quick trim I have been using.

Recommend me a good press for sizing operations please. I have around a $200 budget for press only. I was considering another Rock Chucker, but I have been eye balling the RCBS Summit press. I have also been considering the Lyman All American 8 Turret Press.

Kilo

I have been eyeing the summit press too..when I was at Graf's the other day ....they have several presses on display to look at and play with

Very nice press...I think it would have lots of mechanical advantage for sizing and other things...I also like the way it works...nice press.....think I might have to try one out in the future

Ocharry

I wouldn't know where to start looking other than ebay, but if you have any affection towards old school- Herter's made an old double ram press. I have one. It requires shell holder adaptors, but it's as solid (and HEAVY) as anything out there.

I have also considered the Lyman Ideal press. It would be dedicated for sizing my 6.5 creedmoor cases. I shoot them enough that I want a dedicated press for it. Or maybe buy the turret press mentioned above. I am a little concerned that the turret is not as stuff and will flex more than a single stage giving less consistent sizing.

I use Amazon Prime quite often. Free two day shipping on about anything I order is worth way more than I pay for the service.

I have owned several presses over the years including Summit,CoAx,Rockchucker,turrets,single stages and progressive. I still have the Dillon 550 and 650. I also still have Redding big boss and the CoAx. CoAx best single stage by far, Dillon best progressive available for hobby reloader. Hornady, Lee, Lyman all good just not same class as these I mentioned owned all those to.
I tried different ones to compare this was my conclusion yours might be different we all have different opinions . Good luck
Thanks
Roc1

The Lyman T Mag 2 Turret Press will let you have 6 different reloading dies at one time I have one set up for my long guns I have a extra head set up for the rest of my long guns this is a very heavy and strong as you can get one of my best investment in reloading Good luck

The COAX is a little out of budget but if this is going to be your sizing press I think it is the best as far as power. By that I mean the amount power you need to supply. If it would be for seating I think any would be fine.

I have a Lee classic press that works pretty well for seating. It works ok for sizing, but requires a lot more effort on my part than my Rock Chucker.

I think I may just buy the Ideal C frame press from Lyman. It is way cheaper than the summit and for only 6.5 Creedmoor cases that don't take a great deal of Force it should be fine. It does have compound linkage and cams over at the top like the rock Chucker does. Like I said it will have a dedicated purpose and once the die is set I will rarely remove it

Has anyone used that press?

Back