looking for a new m-4 upper

Sod

Am I waisting my time? Does anyone know where
I can get one of these? If not I'll keep scanning the gun shows.
Thanks, Sod
p.s. Must be colt

At last check, YTM (blackrifle.com) doesn't have any Colt parts, and doesn't know if they will be getting any ever again...

The M4 Upper is very hard to find right now for any price under $800, and if you're lucky it'll be new. In fact, any Carbine upper/barrel is hard to find- let alone those stamped with the desirable "M4".

I'm looking for a Colt Preban 16" Lightweight Small Hole Upper in Colt Tactical Black with 1x9 twist chrome lined bore or any of the major components to complete the above...

Any leads, please post here...

Unless you absolutely want a Colt upper, I'd go with one of the many M4gery uppers that are out there. I bought one with a Colt 1/7 14.5" M4 barrel on a no-name flat-top upper, and it performs just fine. I paid $399 for it without the bolt and carrier a couple of months ago. I paid another $100 for a carry handle.

I also saw a few DPMS M4gery uppers at a small gun show in my area for $499, including bolt, carrier, and charging handle.

I can understand folks wanting the genuine article, but I can't see paying an extra $300-400 for an "M4" stamp on the front of the receiver.

------------------
Bulldawg: NRA, GOA, TSRA, Shiner Bock Connoisseur.
Bulldawg's Firearms Page

Back