Looking for a DA 45LC

Casey

Hello all.

I am looking for a double action 45 LC. Who makes a good one, used or new? I would like a 3" or 4" barrel, preferably in stainless.

Am I fooling myself? I don't seem to see anything much about a pistol like this.

Thanks for any input.

Casey

I don't know about current availability, but S&W made a run of .45 LC and .45 ACP Mountain Guns not long ago.

Four inch tapered barrels, round butt grips and matte stainless finish.

Medium weight easy packing sixguns.

I think that Dan Wesson is also producing their large frame swithc barrel guns in .45 LC.

Doc Hudson

http://www.taurususa.com

I know I must have their titanium snubbie some day. The only drawback to them is, of their three models, two of them come with a 2" barrel and the other comes with a 6.5" or 8.375" barrel.

I've got a Taurus snub-nose .45 Colt in stainless. It's a fine weapon, but one more inch would make it much more effective. As far as I know, nobody makes a DA in .45 Colt to fill the gap between the 2" Taurus snub-nose and the 5/5" + Ruger blackhawk/vaquero. You can sure find SA's in that zone, but no DA's.

S&W's online catalog is currently showing the .45 Colt Mountain Gun as a "hot' product. I have an older one , and like it.

A comment on buying S&W: The guy there who signed the deal with the Feds was transferred out by the parent company, and wouldn't be hurt a shutdown there. The people at S&W with real jobs, however, would be unemployed.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Ruger Redhawk, stainless, 5.5".

Mine wears Pachmayr Decelerator grips, and a Millett orange-ramp front sight blade.

Strong. Accurate. Handy (although Bowen, Stroh, Magna-Port etc. can cut you back to 4").

Own four Redhawks, one in each caliber, all awesome. But if I had to leave three behind I'd keep the 45 Colt....
.....and the ammo I make in 45 Colt is awesome, too.....

Well, if I could find a *&* that was manufactured before the problems began (the sellout), I would consider buying it. I didn't know they made them in 45LC with a four inch barrel. I will keep an eye out on the auctions and see if I can find one. Did they make one before?

I own a 625 that I bought new about a month before they sold out, and it is really great. I won't buy one that was manufactured more recently than a year ago. I figure that if someone else was willing to buy from *&*, I don't want them to profit either.

And as far as the guy who made the deal leaving, that is simple corporate politics. If that guy is gone, why don't they repudiate the agreement? If they will, then I will gladly buy a new one.

Casey

S&W 25-5

I just happen to have a 25-5 for sale if you're interested... I have pics if you would like to see it... It is in 98% new condition. 4" brl... Very accurate and tight, but it's blue and I know you want stainless...

Email me if intersted...

Steve

Back