Looking for a black 28" Versa Max barrel...

57HotrodVW

Inactive
Hi all,

I recently picked up a Versa Max Tactical, and am looking for a 28" barrel.

Please let me know if you have a black 28" Versa Max barrel for sale (Remington part number F401878 or F407763), or know someone who does.

Thanks!
--Eric

I can buy them new from Remington, but was hoping to find one at a better price from an individual (used, in good condition is fine).

Depending on where you are, then pawn shops, WTB ads on the bulletin boards of your local trap/skeet type clubs should turn up something.

You can find used barrels for 870's and Mossberg 500's fairly easily and often at very fair prices. On most other guns it is almost easier to just buy a 2nd gun. I haven't really looked at this individual gun, but I'm betting the odds of finding a used barrel is slim. You're probably going to have to go straight to Remington on this one.

Thanks guys. I've seen a few used and/or new Versa max barrels in my online searches, but none of them were currently available.

I wish the Versa Max barrels were as easy to find and inexpensive as the 870 barrels. They're quite pricey from Remington.

870 barrels are plentiful because there are over 10 million of them, and a lot of older fixed choke barrels got swapped, some for barrels with choke tubes. And some people modified them for HD or Tactical and sold/sell the longer barrels. VersaMax is pretty new, and they came with choke tubes so not much market for extra barrels. For a real reality check look at prices for newer Berettas and/or Benellis.

Depending on where you are, then pawn shops, WTB ads on the bulletin boards of your local trap/skeet type clubs should turn up something.

LOL, I have picked up many a shotgun and or barrel in the parking lot of a trap/skeet club range. Bought a few 45s in the parking lots at a USPSA matches. Even bought a couple rifles at different matches over the years. Just a while ago I learned for the first time that people actually buy guns in gun shops, who knew.

Shot trap at my local gun club last weekend, but had no luck with finding a nice used, 28" Versa Max barrel yet. Still searching...

Back