Looking for .38 special Interceptor bullets

HighValleyRanch

Anyone know where to find the bullet component for the ARX interceptor .38 special? Looked everywhere but haven't had any luck yet, except for preloaded ammo.

It appears that on the FAQ page of their website: https://inceptorammo.com/faq/ in the first topic that they make their bullets in house.

The ARX® is injection-molded from a proprietary copper and a high-tensile strength nylon mixture. This process allows us to create designs that make precise, consistent, accurate, low ricochet, lead-free bullets with sound terminal performance.

I assume that they sell components because they have reloading information posted as in "reloading tips"
https://inceptorammo.com/load-data/
I thought the same, however when close to half of their listed retailers dont even carry the ammo, and non carried the reloading components, im gonna say they may have but dont anymore. I would say give them a call or shoot them an e-mail. but Im guessing this bullet is going extinct.

Love the lehighs, however since they got bought by wilson combat prices have gone up. But they still make great bullets. Looks like you can order direct from lehighs site again too.

What are you loading for? Hunting or defensive? I load the 120g extreme defenders in 357 at 1474fps out of a 6in gun with power pistol. I still need to do more testing with h110 but it looks like velocitiy may be better.

Last edited:
I've used their 65 gr .355 bullets in 9mm applications, they appear to have a similar hydraulic shock-wave design to lehigh's. My principal interest was to see how fast they can be driven; in a PC carbine I got them up round 2300 fps.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_6952.jpg
    IMG_6952.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Ammoland has a article about reloading a variety ARX bullets and calibers on their website but it's from 2018. I'm guessing the shortages have them selling everything they can as loaded ammo.

I'd try using the contact info on their website and see if you can get a response that way.

Never seen them as component. Will they group in your pistol. Ones I have seen pattern like buck shot at 25 yards.

I bought a box of inceptor bullets some years ago for my 9mm guns, I don't remember what results I had in a pistol--but I do recall they were quite accurate in my 9mm carbine build. In fact, I decided to go out and do a quick group since my memory isn't so good these days. I loaded up 9 cartridges (crushed the case in the 10th :( ) of 65 gr inceptors driven by a moderately warm load of longshot (but still well under max SAAMI pressure) of 6.5 grs. and shot off the hood of my truck. Had it not been for the "fouler" at the right this would have been not all that bad. I used a burris 3x prism scope at 60 yds. One nice advantage is the noticeably softer recoil.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_7112.jpg
    IMG_7112.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 102
Back