Looking for .22 revolver

Rail Gun

I'm looking for a .22 revolver and don't want to get a new S&W or spend more than 350 - $400 tops. I have an inherited S&W love to shoot but it has sentimental value and want to preserve it's condition, it shows considerable wear. Any suggestions.

Should be able to pick up a nice used K-22 S&W (model 17 or 18) for around 200 in good shape with 90% finish.

If you like em a little smaller, Model 34 Smith is on the smaller J frame can be had with adjustable sights and 4" bbl, should be well under 200 in good shape and 90% finish.

I like em both....hell, I like em all.

Sam

Ruger single Six

You can get a great gun at a very reasonable price. Ruger makes some of the best revolvers around, they will take more punishment then almost any other gun,.And are great looking too. I would like to suggest that you look at some the there models in the 22 cal.

Click here> http://www.ruger-firearms.com/rvnew.html

Tony Z

Check out other 22 caliber revolvers by ruger.

The suggestion for a K-frame S&W is a good one, but you are not likely to find one for under $200. My experience is that those with cosmetic wear gor for $260-$275, and those in 99% condition may fetch $350. At any rate, the $260 guns are superb shooters, better than anything else available at the price. Check the on-line auction sites or Gunsamerica. There are usually several for sale. Look for K-22, Model 17, Model 18, Model 34, Model 63 (SS), or Model 617 (also SS).

Don't dismiss a Dan Wesson if you find one. The D/A trigger is closer to a Ruger than a smith, but they're really fine little shooters in their own right. I gave mine to a friend (Ruger GP100 owner) since he shot it a lot better than I (Smith owner) did.

I tried to sell mine a couple years ago for $200.00. It was in AS NIB condition, complete with the soft carry case, feeler guage and barrel wrench. If you find one for a similar price, and the trigger difference doesn't matter, it's worth a look.

Another vote for the Dan Wesson Model 22VH or 722VH if you prefer stainless. Used run from $175 to $300 around here depending upon condition with a $20 premium for stainless. Additional barrels may be ordered directly from Dan Wesson.
A S&W K22 is also a great choice but can be difficult to find.
Take Care

Okay, I'll bite.

;) Over the years, I have swapped and traded more than I should. Always, there were the upper ends revo's by Smith and Colts, all good ones to be sure. But, I owe a huge debt of gratitude to a friend of mine, who introduced me to the SP-101 in .22LR. Seems he was using the shorter snubby version for inexpensive snubby practice each time he went to the range. He bragged about the accuracy. Right!!!! Sure !!!! I thought he lied or had lost a marble or two. His now has over 5000 rounds through it. I bought one, a beater, finding he was only telling the truth. I now have three and wish I had more to pass to my heirs. They are very durable, accuarate and enjoyable to shoot. So, there is my two bits, costing you but a bit of time to listen.

Sincerely, Docbones

Docbones knows....Theres something mysterious about the accuracy of Ruger revolvers to be sure....
My Superbearcat has more kills on game than any other gun I own. It shoots like a rifle, well....almost. My friends SP 101 is the same way. We joke about how theyre impossible to miss with.
All my Ruger .44's are the same way too......:)

Edward429451,

:) When you said, "Docbones knows", I sure wish you could share your wisdom with Mrs. Bones. She only recognizes my expertise as she desires. I am the finest of physicians, leader of the healing arts, but an expert trashman on Wednesday nights. Well, gotta go get ready for the big day tomorrow. I just have to weight carefully the choices of 13 gallon or 20 gallon bags. :barf:

I have a Ruger single six that is fun and accurate it comes with an extra cylinder in 22 mag also. If sa is ok you should consider it.:)

Back