Looking away and missing big !!!

Pahoo

The other evening, as usual we had nothing of interest on cable TV. That is usually the case. So we watched the movie "Patriot" on DVD. There is a scene where Mel Gibson and two of his young sons ambushed a column of British solders. Of course the Brits had the Brown-Bess, which was the AR of it's day. This is about the fifth time we have watched this movie but the first time I noticed the Brits turning their heads away while pulling the trigger. I thought this was strange until I figured out that they were not use or even trained how to shoot pioneer style. They were only trained to shoot in lines to lines/walls of the enemy. I think this is called Napoleonic style of warfare. I found this detail interesting to be included in the movie. …….. ;)

Aim small; miss small and;
Be Safe !!!

One of my favorite movies right there. Right along with all of the great classic westerns.

That is why flintlocks were often called "flinch locks";)
In many ways, the 'most powerful professional army in the world' of that time met it's death, at least in some part, when they came up against the over-mountain men and backcountry folk from the westernmost fringes of the colonies. Many of them were of German heritage and they brought the art of long range riflecraft and rifle building with them.

Great post and always remember: There is never an "end" to the fight for freedom. It is about being constantly vigilant. :)

Back