looking a shotgun for home defence

vince weng

I am new to shotgun. I am looking for a shotgun for home defence (12 ga). This gun should be short and easy to carry. I've seen one in some magazine (I forgot). That one was a pump shotgun and pretty short and had a pristol grip only (no stock). I don't know what that is and would like to get one if that is legal to civillians. I am open to other models too. Could you help me out.

thanks

Vince,

To be legal, I believe the barrel length has to be at least 18 inches. I suggest looking at either a Remington 870 police model or Marine Magnum or a Mossberg 590. These models are reliable and can usually be found for a good price. In CA, easily under $350. You can add goodies later as you please. e.g. Side saddle carrier for extra rounds, extended mag tube.

Hope this helps.

I like the Mossberg 500/590 or the 870 HD shotguns. The Mossberg 500 can be had for a cool $250 while the 590 runs for $370. The Remington 870 is a die-hard style shotgun, has been in used by almost all US police departments. The 870 HD run's at about $250.

Back