Look what followed me home...

Marko Kloos

Inactive
I didn't mean to spend more money this weekend, honest...but my local GunHaus knows my preference for fine *&* revolvers and called me to offer first dibs on a consignment gun.

Couldn't say no, of course. $250 for a Model 28 without any nicks or flaws, with the original box and manual (price sticker on it says $118...)

Model 28 "Highway Patrolman", .357Mag N-Frame, built between 1972-1974 according to the serial number. Pinned and tapered barrel, recessed chambers...it doesn't say much for present-day *&* that their "budget" wheelguns from the 1970s have features available only in Performance Center specials today.

sw28.jpg

That's a great deal and a nice-looking gun. Some guy on AR15.com was looking at spending $400 for one of those, which is high, but $250 is a great price. Congrats!

I wish that you, and SmithNut,

could bottle-up and sell us all your 'deal finding' mojo.:D Congratulations on an exemplary good purchase!:)

Hey Lendringser,
Is that Slick&Willy finished with the "lost" S&W bluing process????
I heard that no one in the company knows anything about how they did it, because the old artisans took the process with them when they retired, and left no records!!!!! Too Bad!!! It looks like a right fine pistol!!!! An example of an S&W that is lost forever!!!!!

It's a six-inch barrel. That revolver is the mildest-shooting .357 I have ever shot...it feels like I could probably shoot Deerstopper loads out of that thing all year without anything starting to come loose. I love these N-frames....

what a bargain,

on one of Smith & Wesson's finest revolver's. In
my area many, many moons ago; I saw one NIB for
$140.00, out the door. Needless to say, I wasn't
quite 21 at the time and it slipped through my
finger's. Congrat's on your purchase and I'm sure
you will enjoy it!!!

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Congrats on the good buy!

I really enjoy older S&W revolvers myself and, coincidentally, I put a nice S&W Model 15 on layaway at my local dealer for $100. It will most likely need a re-blueing, but the mechanical condition is excellent and it reminds me of the guns I learned to shoot with in the Air Force. it's a nice buy but yours ranks as a first-rate bargain!

Frosty
MOLON LABE

His roomie won't have to steal it. Knowing our good buddy, he'll get his mind set on something in a week or two and will trade it in. Then, she'll just snap it up.

I was shooting my 28 and 19 just last week. The 19 is fine with 357, but the 28 is heaven. Some folks came into the range while I was doing some rapid fire and just stood and watched. Wanted to know what kind of a pistol it was. They said, "Boy that sounds great!".

They must have been looking at my smile cause the target wasn't anything to giggle about;)

Gee, Some people have all the luck:rolleyes: That's a beauty.
Good luck with the new purchase and I hope it serves you well;)

Happy Shooting:)

buzz,

oh ye of little faith. :) I have yet to trade a *&* wheelgun...that's why I ended up with six of them in the last few months. My autos and non-*&* wheelguns get traded around when necessary, but the Smiths are all keepers. Besides, Tamara threatened to shoot me on the spot if I ever traded that Model 25, or the Model 19, or that new Lew Horton 640 Carry Comp I showed you at the shop last week.

Back