Longest semi barrel you're aware of

TXAZ

Excluding hunting handguns, are you aware of any handguns with longer than a 6" barrel?
I know Sig makes a 6" Mastershop series P226, but not sure if anyone else makes something that size or slightly longer.

Several 22 auto's are 6+. Revolvers aren't too hard to find with longer barrels.
Semi-auto centerfire pistols are out there if you look. Artillery Luger, Automag,
Desert Eagle and Wildey come to mind. Pretty much any of the AR/AK based
pistols are available in almost any barrel length. I've seen a 7" 1911, but they aren't
common. Heck--the Glock 17L and 24 have barrels that are just a touch over 6".

Don't know why you would exclude "hunting" handguns...

The classic Ruger Mk I Target comes to mind...historically, the Navy and Artillery Lugers... and others already mentioned.

There were some "longslide" 1911A1s made a coupled decades ago. Not just one-offs but commercially produced, in small numbers...but I forget who did it, now..AMT??? maybe??

Generally if it has a 6" or longer barrel, someone will say its a hunting or target handgun.

Ruger made a number of 8" & 10" Mark IIs, and Browning offered their Buck Mark with similar lengths.

AMT made 7" 1911s in both .45 and 10mm, in the '80s.
I think the 10mm version was called "Javelina".

I seem to recall some TC Contenders with 14" barrels, but those are hunting/target pistols. Oops, those aren't semis.

Barrel are the glock replacement barrels. 9" or more.

Tanfoglio puts out some longer barrel autos in the high dollar range. Witness Match Extreme and Hunter at 6"

Well, if you are getting into .22s, there were High Standard "space guns" at 8 and 10".
I once had a Walther Olympia with 9" barrel.

In centerfires, H&K offered an 8" "hunting barrel" for the P9s .45 ACP.

Roni makes a carbine conversion kit for Glocks with a 16” replacement barrel. You can swap the barrel by itself without using any of the rest of the conversion parts, giving you a regular Glock 17 with a 16” barrel.

My AR pistols are 10 1/2 my AK pistol is 10, I have heard of 12" barrels for AR's but haven't owned one. My Mark IV is 6.88. My Mark II Bull barrel Target is 6.75. My Ruger Charger is 10".

Back