Long slide for a P7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig Luna

I have an old magazine from '86 that speaks of a long slide for a p7. It was a product of GRAYGUNs and curious is they are still around. Id love to have one if so. (In the same article they talk of using a 9mm load with a power factor of 220, ouch).

CL

Correct, Bruce Gray made these conversions on behalf of HK, who hoped to break into the IPSC market. Bruce is still around, but I don't seem to have a current address for him. I've always thought that HK would have been better off using a Gray-style longslide for the .40 P7M10 instead of the brick sized slides used on the production guns.

PS: Would you happen to have the magazine name and issue date handy?

Here yah go!

Firepower
Sept 1986
Volume 3,Number5
(c)1986 by Turbo Publishing

Contact Info(old mind you):

Turbo Publishing, Inc
P.O. Box 270
Cornville, AX 86325
(602) 634-6127

First Page 60- Compensating HK'S P-7

It also speaks of a different trigger. Sounds like a nice setup to me.

Good luck in finding it!

CL

I believe Bruce Gray is in Rancho Cordova, Ca. There is a Bruce Gray who shoots for Pro-Load but that could even be his son.

Jeff OTMG and I are hot on Bruce Gray's trail. I mailed a letter to him earlier this week. Will post if I receive a reply.

Craig,
Any chance of copying the article and e-mailing to me? Maybe others interested too. If anyone has luck locating this or any article please post. Maybe over on to HKPRO too.

Thanks

Hey--if you copy that article--send one to me. I would love to see it. What is the deal with the trigger? Is it adjustable? Did he fit extended barrels or just a compensator? To be honest, I doubt a compensator would help the P7 much--it is already pretty mild.

My understanding is that Gray fit a 6" barrel. The slide, extension, and compensator appear to be welded together as a one piece unit. (It is truly a _long_ slide.) In addition, he installed a BoMar rear sight and welded up a beavertail extension to the frame. The trigger was slightly straightened and was thinner from front to back. There is a nice color photo of the Gray P7M13 _and_ a nickel P7M7 .45 ACP in the October 1990 issue of Petersen's Handguns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back