Long range competitions in Georgia

mr renwick

I am looking into some georgia longe range comps and wanted to see if there was anyone activily shooting them. I would like to run out to one to learn the ropes before I shoot one.

I have shot F-class (alongside conventional prone and Palma shooters) there on several occasions. Not a lot, because it is a long drive for me and I have normally gone only for the two-day matches.

As Jim said, Fort Benning should do you. I have shot XTC matches there and the matches are run well. Its a pain getting on base, so go early, check out this website: Ft Benning

You could try Appleseed. They shoot at 25 yards BUT the targets are small to simulate 100-500 yards.

The appleseed classes just aren't the same to me. I found 600yd match i am going to try to make in the next month or two. I figure I will get the hang of how they run matches there then I will venture out to ft benning. I just picked up some .75" steel plates to use for my LR targets. I am going to run out to my buddies property to get a little bit more practice in before we hit the match.

We shoot long range at Ft Gordon as well once a month, but most of them get cancelled due to lack of interest. Bring some friends along and we may revive them. You can shoot irons or optics (we have F class targets).

I would like to but that is a bit further than i would like to drive often. Thats a 3.5hr drive for me. FT Benning is about 2hrs which is really about as far as i like to go. I may venture out one of these days though.

Back