Long range Cartridge

BWC7

Inactive
In your guys/gals humble opinion if you were to buy a rifle for long range shooting(over 500 yds) what cartridge would you prefer? I don't want an exotic catridge something under $30 a box 20rnds. So far my vote goes for .300 Win Mag any comments? Thanks

.300 win mag is definitley going to be the next big thing in "sniper" rifles, I will probably add one to my collection this year.

I use and like the 7mm RM for long range stuff, it shoots just about as flat as the 300 WM.

------------------
-Essayons

Why did you have to put a price limit? I don't have a .50 but sure would like to have one.

.300 Win is a good cartridge and it kicks butt on the .308. It's in our military inventory (including a MacMillian stocked BAR in the Special Forces) and also the Fed. Rep. of Germany.

Personally, I prefer unbelted cartridges and go with the, sorry, 50.

I have a .50, it's mounted on a tripod and I use it as a coat rack. I'll bet I didn't fire 50 rounds through it last year.

------------------
-Essayons

Rob, is your .50 an M2 or a bolt rifle?

Also, I got to visit a movie gun rental business last year, and that remarkable gun featured in "The Jackal", is actually a Browning M2, with extra hardware to disguise it.

Back