Long handgun pouch/sleeve/insert for range bag

dogfood

Good day all -

I've got an old range bag that I crafted years ago by combining an even older range bag and a tool bag. It does what I need it to do - so I'd like to stick with it.

But the handgun pouches/sleeves/inserts (those things you slide your handgun into so it doesn't flop around and such) are shot (no pun intended). They were originally from the old range bad and now have the rigidity of a wet noodle.

So ... I thought replacements would be easy to find. And they are, if you're ok with a 12" length or so. But I need something in the 15-16" range, as long-barrel revolvers go with me often.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
dogfood

Thanks - and that would be a good option, except that at that length, it won't fit within my existing range bag. It's a bit too long.

And also a bit pricey, given that I'm trying to supplement an existing bag - and I would need two. For that outlay, I might be better off just starting over with a new bag. And maybe that's the answer.

But I'll keep looking for a while.

dogfood

Thanks and correct ... all 12-13" ... and probably all good for anyone for whom that length will work.

But again, I need something in the 15-16" range.

dogfood

If the big online stores or Amazon can't help, perhaps find a local embroidery or upholstery shop and see if they'll knock one up. Take an old one in with you and they'll give you an estimate.

They're not difficult items to fabricate/assemble.

Back