Long Action v Short Action Mag

chrisbraypi

Inactive
Recently purchased a used Ruger American 223. It's missing the magazine. I downloaded the manual, and it shows both magazines. So I'm confused as to which magazine I should order online as a replacement.

When I researched long vs short action, I became more confused because it says a .223 cartridge actually qualifies it as a "mini" because of its COL.

New to rifles. Haven't had one since my .22 when I was a kid 50 years ago.

Thanks.

Well that's just crazy. Thanks for the links to Ruger and the parts department at Midway, but the manual for this rifle specifically shows a short action mag and a long action mag (along with the part numbers).

Slap my forehead for buying a rifle without a magazine. I'll just call Ruger on Monday.

Well that's just crazy. Thanks for the links to Ruger and the parts department at Midway, but the manual for this rifle specifically shows a short action mag and a long action mag (along with the part numbers).

Slap my forehead for buying a rifle without a magazine. I'll just call Ruger on Monday.
Just typical for Ruger.

I have a Ruger American Magazine for 5.56/223. You can have it. If you live close by we can meet, or I will mail it to you if you cover the cost of shipping

Back