London Colts?

ZVP

Did Colt ever produce a 5 1/2'' barreled London Navy .36?
I have a beautifull 7 1/2" Uberti replica.
ZVP

At least one London Navy with a 5 1/2 inch barrel is known; it is serial # 325.

That is for original guns; with repros, anything is possible.

Jim

James
Thankyou for answering! I'd hoped to be getting a correct model! I like the shorter revolvers, they feel better to me. This includes my 4" HB Model 10 also!
Velocity loss seems to be negligable in.36 caliber. they look great too!
Cabela's sells a 'Western" holster that can be cut down perfectlly and easily. I chopped one for my Piettia Police and it came ut great! The secret is to slightly round the bottom.
I wanted a Uberti bes\cause my 7" is aUberti. Unfortunatelly, theHand spring broke and a replacement is hard to find. all are wrong sized. I'm going to have a "Smith fit it.
What a pair I'll have soon!
In my old age I buy what I like.
Due to a work incurrred injury from tyhe past, I just had a leg removed. Can't wait to get moble again! I WILL!!!!
Thanks again for the History lesswon James!
Sincerely,
BPDave

ZVP - Sorry to hear of your medical problems but the best of luck with your recovery. It's hare to keep a good man down so just keep working at it and you'll soon be mobile again! Life sure throws a bunch of stones on the road along the way but the important thing is to just keep going - approach things with a positive attitude and live each day to the fullest. It won't be long and you'll be burning the powder again! Good luck - we're all pulling for you! :)

This may or may not be relevant but I watched a saw about a preserved Royal Navy warship - the Warrior (IIRC) and they showed their small arms arsenal and there was a round rack with a good number of Colt revolvers on it - the barrel placed over a wooden rod.

Back